Five Fantastic Ways to Spend Your Milwaukee Weekend
1. On South Water street this weekend, Royal Enfield Motorcycles is putting on a SHOW! Come down and test drive their new 2020 motorcycles and check out the trick BMX riding show while you enjoy a beer from Boone and Crockett, or a 5 star taco from our very own Taco Moto! Brew City Kayak is also on location so you can step away from the hustle and bustle and go check out another part of the city for a little while!
2. Slow down, put down the phone, step away from your work, and pack a picnic! Milwaukee Kayak Tours at The Harp Milwaukee is offering 1 and 2 person kayaks to rent right off the dock! Take your time along the calm, protected water of the Milwaukee River downtown (just a block away from the new Fiserv Forum!) over to Pere Marquette Park for a pack your own picnic. Maybe even spice it up a little as a romantic date!
3. Start your day early with a 10 AM paddle out of Brew City Kayak and head on up to the Third Ward! From there, you can explore this historic and beautiful neighborhood with an excellent shake from Shake Shack, or grab a delicious brunch at Wicked Hop or Cafe Bordelux! The Third Ward is also home to the Milwaukee Public Market which is always fun to pop into and see whats cookin’ inside.
4. Grab the Girls or Guys (or both) and schedule a tour on the Paddle Tavern! Go from pub to pub jamming to music along the way! Enjoy a drink on the river and hang out with the awesome company of your friends and the rad staff of the Paddle Taverns!
5. Get even further away from the hustle and bustle by renting a kayak from Brew City Kayak or Milwaukee Kayak Tours, and bring your fishing pole, ’cause your headed up river, under the train bridge for some extra peace and quiet–until you catch a big one!
Whatever you choose do do this weekend, have fun, stay safe, and get out there!
-Guide Abbey Johnson